ROASTED RED PEPPER & TOMATO SOUP
This is such a great way to use slightly squishy or bruised peppers or tomatoes. It's warm and filing and requires very little attention. Once you've made it once you'll want to make it all the time.
Roasted Red Pepper & Tomato Soup
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cooking Time: 40 mins
Total Time: 60 mins
Difficulty: Level 2
3 Bell Peppers or Ramiro - halved and seeds removed
4 Cloves of Garlic
500g Tomatoes - halved and seeds removed
1 Onion - Chopped
1 Fresh Chilli Pepper
1 Tsp Dried Oregano
1 Tsp Bouillon Powder
750ml Boiling Water
Drizzle of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven at 180
2. Prepare tomatoes and bell peppers and place on baking tray.
3. Drizzle with EVOO and sprinkle with salt, pepper and oregano then pop into oven for 25 mins
4. Meanwhile chop onions, garlic and fresh chillies and fry in a pot
5. Remove peppers and tomatoes from the oven (if you can be bothered peel the peppers for a smoother soup)
6. Add peppers and tomatoes to pot with the onions, pour in water, bouillon powder, oregano. Simmer for 10mins and blitz.
7. Salt & Pepper to taste and serve.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
Sprinkle with a few basil leaves to serve or throw a bunch in before you blitz to add a stronger basil flavour.