Updated: Jan 16, 2020
I have put together a wee tick list to help you on your way to a plastic free lifestyle.
There is no right, wrong or too little way as every change you make has a positive impact on YOUR planet.
The Bathroom is said to be the first room people delve into when making zero waste changes and its clear to see why, our bathrooms are full of unnecessary plastics; toothbrushes, toothpaste, shampoo, conditioner, shower gel bottles, disposable razors and plastic wash mitts.
All can be wiped out from going to landfill by just replacing when ready with recyclable/compostable items.
1. Bamboo toothbrush - you will no longer send 200+ toothbrushes to landfill in your lifetime, hoorah!
2. Toothtabs, solid toothpaste in glass jars. You have prevented almost 200 toothpaste tubes from lying around landfill!
3. Soap, shampoo and conditioner bars. You will no longer contribute your 1000+ bottles to be recycled (water & energy waste) or to landfill!
4. Safety Razor - not only removing the 3500+ disposable razors in your lifetime but the unrecyclable packaging your pack of 5 come in. Thought you were getting a bargain but they'll have the last laugh when they out live you.
5. Bamboo face cloths/wash mitts, saving you 400+ itchy plastic wash mitts hitting the landfill heap, not to mention saving your skin!
Already that's 5 changes and you've just had your morning shower! #thegoodbathroom