FLATBREAD WITH GARLIC & PARSLEY BUTTER
Quick flatbread recipe, great for having with soups, salads, stews, dahl or dipped in a delicious homemade hummus. There's only a few ingredients and doesn't require too much cooking time. Once you've made it once you'll want to make it all the time.
Flatbread With Garlic & Parsley Butter
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cooking Time: 12-15 mins
Total Time: 35 mins
Difficulty: Level 1
Ingredients for Flatbread:
175g Self Raising Flour
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
175g Natural Yoghurt
Pinch of Salt
Ingredients for Butter
20g Lightly Salted Butter
2 Garlic Cloves - Crushed
Some Chopped Parsley
1. Pop flour, baking powder, salt and yoghurt in a bowl, begin to combine with a spoon then use your hands to form a ball with the dough
2. Sprinkle flour on a clean flat surface and knead the dough for a minute - pop it in a floured bowl, cover and set aside
3. Crush garlic and chop parsley
4. Sprinkle flour on a clean flat surface and roll out the dough - cut into 6 even pieces - roll each of them out into round discs
5. Heat a pot and melt butter while heating the pan or grill pan for your flatbreads on high
6. Once the butter has melted add the garlic and parsley and turn the heat off.
7. Cook the flat breads for 1 - 2mins on each side then brush with the butter when plated.