Frequently Asked Questions
GENERAL - IN STORE
Are you a vegan store?
- We sell a large variety of vegan produce however we do not label ourselves as vegan.
Are you a vegetarian store?
- We sell a large variety of vegetarian produce however we do not label ourselves as vegetarian.
Where are you based?
- We have a store in Edinburgh.
Do you sell organic produce?
- Yes, we primarily sell organic produce. There may be a few items in store that are not organic due to the inability to source them, however we are always working towards a completely organic store.
Do you sell your products online?
- We do not have an online store, however it is our aim to have our products available worldwide in the near future.
I haven't found the answer to my question, what do I do?
- Not to worry; send us an email to and we'll be able to give you further information
What kind of packaging do your products arrive in?
- The majority of our goods are delivered in cardboard and paper. however our goods can arrive in a variety of materials, and we cannot guarantee that some goods are not delivered in plastic as this is at the suppliers discretion, We are continually looking for more sustainable plastic free suppliers to work with in the future.
Do you have a full in store product list?
- You can find a full list of our in store goods on The Goodies drop down at the top of the page or you can start with our confectionery products here
What is your returns policy?
- Due to the way in which the goods are purchased; through gravity dispensers in your own containers, we cannot guarantee that the goods will be refunded however this will be at the managers discretion. Fresh produce cannot be returned for a refund or exchange unless the product is inadequate which is at the managers discretion.
How do I know the goods you sell are organic?
- Our suppliers are accredited by the Soil Association, if you require additional information just send us a wee message.
What payment methods do you accept in store?
- We accept all major credit and debit cards, apple pay, googlepay, contactless, and straight up hard cash. We do not accept cheques.
What is a zero waste store?
- Simply put a Zero Waste Store is based on a set of principles focused on waste prevention that encourages the redesign of resource life cycles so that all products are reused. The goal is for no rubbish to be sent to landfills, incinerators, or the ocean. This is achieved by offering a package free shopping environment; meaning customers must bring their own reusable container or they can purchase any available containers we have in store. This results in everyone only buying what they need; reducing food waste and packaged waste.
How do I contact the Customer Service department?
- As we are a small independent business run by two people there is no customer service department, but fear not email and you will get straight through to one of the owners :)
Why shop with The Good Store?
- Not only will you be supporting a local independent business but you will also be reducing the amount of single use plastic in circulation every time you shop with us. We like to think that we have created a shop that people look forward to coming into; customers can take their time and make mindful decisions on their purchases.
What containers should I bring?
- Anything at all; plastic containers, bags, old cereal and pasta packets, Old spice jars - anything at all. Glass jars can of course look good but can become very heavy once filled so we recommend produce bags etc for the shop then you can always decant into your glass jars at home.
CLICK & COLLECT / DELIVERY
What are the click & collect opening hours?
- Tuesday - Saturday, 10am - 4pm
Where do I pick my order up from?
- 13 Montagu Terrace Edinburgh
Is there a minimum order amount for click & collect?
- Minimum order for collection is £1.50
Is there a minimum order amount for delivery?
- Minimum order for delivery is £20
Should I bring my own containers?
- No need to bring your own containers; all goods will be packed in brown compostable paper bags.
Do you offer a liquid refill service?
- We currently offer filled glass bottles which can be returned to us to be reused. There is a £1.50 deposit for each bottle which will be carried over to your next bottle. This allows us to wash and sanitize the bottle to be reused.
What are the goods packaged in?
- The goods are packaged in compostable paper bags, fruits and vegetables are left loose where possible.
What should I bring upon collection?
- All you need is the name you placed the order with and a few bags to take away your lovely goodies.
There is something missing from my order what do I do?
- We suggest that you check your order as you are collecting to ensure everything is present however if you get the goods home and you are missing something please just get in tough via our email address firstname.lastname@example.org
I've placed an order for collection what are the next steps?
- Once an order has been emailed over we will pick it in the order it is placed. Once the order is picked an email will be sent over advising the customer that the goods are ready to be collected. Payment is made in store upon collecting the goods Tuesday - Saturday 10am - 4pm. If you cannot collect your goods for whatever reason please let us know in advance.
What happens is I do not collect my order within the allocated time?
Orders received before 12 noon will be packed and ready for collection same day, please see opening hours. Orders placed after 12 noon will be ready or collection next day. You have 5 days to collect your order, after this time a refund will be processed minus an admin fee of £2.50.
I've placed an order for delivery what happens next?
- Once an order has been emailed over we will pick it in the order it is placed. Once the order is picked an email with the updated order form will be sent to the customer along with a payment link via text message. Once the payment has been made the order will be delivered by the end of the day if ordered before 12pm.
Do you deliver across Edinburgh?
- At present we are only able to deliver to EH3, 4 & 5
Do you sell Gift Vouchers?
- Yes we do!
Can I get a refund if I pay with a gift voucher?
- We can only offer an exchange on purchases made with gift vouchers unless the refundable amount is in £5 increments. Upon purchasing a gift voucher you agree to these terms.